The Museum Palatine Gallery
Size: 2.43 MB
In the heart of Kaiserslautern’s city centre is an imposing neo-renaissance building, the Pfalzgallerie or Palatine Gallery, a collection of paintings, illustrations and sculptures. This splendid building was built especially for the Palatine Crafts Museum founded in 1874. At the time, collections of craft items from various epochs were in great demand. They were a way of preventing the local craft products from being forgotten in the era of industrialisation, and so in the nineteenth century display collections were created which also served as practical training workshops.